October 13, 2008

The Calling of All Callings.

While everyone around me is having children, I'll be the one watching them every Sunday...


It seems like almost everyone aka every girl (unless you're that pregnant"man" that was on Oprah) is getting pregnant around me (you lucky ladies!), that it's only natural to want to join in on the fun. Too bad I know that it is best to wait until : one- I get back to my goal weight, and two- I 've been with Benefit Cosmetics for at least a year. (this will ensure a promotion from my current position) those two should be accomplished around the same time(next Summer). We'll see...


So since Lord knows I've wanted to be a mother since I found out I had ovaries, I think I was given this calling to suppress my need for children. So what calling was I given exactly???


I'm in the nursery!!!

that's right. the nursery. Two hours every other Sunday ( I work 2 Sundays a month) I will be in a room filled with 15+ toddlers. Sacrament meeting and then little ones for the rest of the day!


(my ADORABLE nephew, Trenton-sucking his botttom lip- that will be with me in the nursery)

Most people would cringe at the thought of that many kids, but not me. I actually want to have my own daycare once Nathan and I own a home. What better way for me to prepare for a future daycare than to be in the nursery?

When I was asked if I wanted this calling I had the knowledge that not many women are anxious to have this calling. I don't blame them lol. But I am really greatful for this chance to be with children, because after all I still consider my selft one. Seriously, i have the attention span of a 3 year old. Ask Nathan if you dont believe me. Oh, and speaking of Nathan, he was called to be a Sunday School teacher for the 14-15 year olds. I think this couldn't have been a better calling for him as well.


I can't wait to go to church next Sunday!!

1 comment:

DeHaan-Lybbert Familia said...

have fun in the nursery he he! I know exactly what it's like to have 20 kids to each. Try 7 hours ha ha!!!! whewwww. Anyways, I bet Nate will enjoy that, something Ken would. :)
How are you sister?

Followers