April 22, 2009

This last weekend Nathan and I celebrated our 1st anniversary. It was about time! I felt like the one year mark took F O R E V E R. Does it feel like that for anyone else or does it seem like it flew by?

I really love to cook and since our anniversary was on Sunday, this was a perfect opportunity to make something instead of go out to eat. Plus, not to toot my own horn, but Nathan prefers my cooking over going out to eat. So dinner at home it was!

I wanted to go out with a big band and make something incredible, make a menu, have fancy-schmancy music playing in the background, etc. but I wasn't feeling very well that evening and so we decided to just go with the flow of everything. It all turned out well and we had such a good time talking and eating and relaxing. I made rosemary and garlic roasted red potatoes, sauted sugar snap peas, and lemon butter and rosemary chicken. I tried out this recipe for a lemon cream sauce that would be good for the chicken but it was a little to sour for me. I'll have to try my own version of it another time.
Oh and BTW- I picked up something to drink for this dinner while I was at Target last week and it was so good!! It was a blood orange italian soda ( you can see the bottle below) from A--- Farms. (I cant remember the first word!!) Its a Target brand. You must try it. It was less than $2 for that big bottle. There are different flavors too if you're not much of an orange raspberry fan.
All in all, it was such a good night to spend together.



Then yesterday we drove almost 3 hours to the University of Idaho. Why? Because Frank Warren was hosting a Postsecret event!!!! I have been a huge fan of Postsecret since the beginning. I found out that he was coming and got so excited but kind of forgot about it because I didnt't know if it would work out with what I had going on at work. Nathan remembered as it got closer and surprised me with getting time off from work. So I took a mini vacation from work so we could enjoy our anniversary since we never got to go on a honeymoon, we wanted to really enjoy ourselves on our anniversary.

The trip there was sooooooooo boring so i pulled out my camera and got picture crazy. I told Nathan to smile and he kept making silly gestures with his mouth. Silly boy!
This is what we stared at for almost 3 hours. We were so happy when we would pass by a tree or a house or a small town! It's a good thing we had Nathan's Nintendo DS to keep up occupied or I would have died from boredom!


Every photoshoot need a "silly face" shot.


When we got there we had a little over an hour until the doors opened to be seated. We didnt want to cut it too close if we went to a sit down place to eat so we saw this little shack called Patty's Kitchen. I was cute and it looked like a "poppin' '" place with the locals around, so Nathan and I stopped by. Wow....this "kitchen" took 40 minutes to get us our food. We ordered it and paid up front and the guy took our name. It LOOKED like a fast place to get something by the way you order and the items you could get. We were so wrong. After waiting a half hour we got it to-go so that we could scarf whatever we could stuff in our mouths in 2 minutes and then we would eat the rest later. ten minutes later we got our food.
This is what I waited 45 + minutes for.... a disgusting taco salad. DISGUSTING. It even looks gross doesn't it?
We finally made it 15 minutes before it started and still managed to get good seats. It was an amazing heart-felt experience to be there.( Except it was so HOT in there! Where's the ventilations with 500 people in one room??) Frank spoke,people got up and shared their own secrets. Some were hilarious and some were so sad. Frank showed us postcards that didnt get published in the new book, showed us some neat videos, and shared his own secret. I think I laughed and cried more than any other time in 2 hours. Affterwards he had a book signing. I had Nathan run to the line since it was on the other side of where we were.

He autographed one of my books (AAHHHH!!! how cool?!) and I asked him if we could take a picture with him. Naturally, he said yes ( he is such a NICE person.) and so there it is. I didn't care if i had been in a car all day or if my face had melted off from the heat in that building. This was a once in a lifetime chance.I'm so glad I have this picture. This man is so inspirational. I hope one day I can do something as moving aswhat he has created.

I'm so happy to have shared a year with Nathan and look forward to what this next year has to offer. :) We'll see!

5 comments:

Whitney R said...

Happy Anniversary! And I'm jealous, I would love to hear him speak! I love post secret as well. And, you should toot that horn all you want cause your food looks GREAT. And food really has not been on my good list lately.

DeHaan-Lybbert Familia said...

How fun!! Yeah for belats and nate! Come visit seriously.

Emily,Chris,Sophia,Stella said...

Nate and you are a cute couple. Happy Anniversary!!

DeHaan-Lybbert Familia said...

Seriously!! We will be down around July.

The family trunk said...

Come to my blog I made it!!!!
Emma

Followers