September 17, 2009



nerves.
There's the good kind because of something fun and exciting and then the not so good kind. you know, the "this is getting on my nerves..." kind.

I'm experiencing a little bit of both lately:

waiting to hear back from different apartments with openings because our lease is almost up so it's all about the timing. One we really liked- failed to mention we were second on a waiting list AFTER we toured the place, fell in love with it, and filled out the application.

packing for our move. I wanted to get a head start instead of doing it all in a couple days. Oh my word- can two people really have that much junk??? And by junk I dont mean in any way -insert sarcasm- Nathan's "memorabilia",papers from his first college semester, books, texbooks, and I can't possibly throw away an admission ticket to BYU-Idaho's Guitars unplugged from 2007. It could have sentimental value.
It's a good thing we have dumpsters outside. I love my pack-rat. uh hem...I mean my loving, caring, kind, hard-working husband.

nathan getting a new, great job promotion but a new, not so great paying period. Instead of getting paid every night, it's twice a month. It's been really fun switching all of our budgeting around that we've been used to for the last year and a half...not.

not being able to find my checkbook after looking EVERYWHERE and then finding where I had orignally left it and could have sworn i put it somewhere else.

having to manualy delete what seemed like 90 out of 100 random episodes on our dvr (aka TiVo) recording because the space was full and i could not figure out how to delete in bulk minus 5 or 6 shows.

our electric bill being the highest it has EVER been in the last 2+ years because we have a crappy air conditioner and I'll die if its too hot. It's almost October though- Thank God!!! (not in vain, no really, I am so thankful fall in winter are coming-my favorite time of the year).

Flies. Aren't they the most annoying thing in the world??? They are EVERYWHERE in our apartment. hmm...Maybe its the garbage, nope i threw it out. Maybe the diry plates- nope, I washed them. Maybe we stink?-nope, we showered.
For every two I kill with the fly swatter, twenty come in with every opening of our door. I even found a fly come out the the freezer this morning!

it's a good thing i have a nice temperment...I just thought i should document this because I ALMOST could have had a nervous breakdown like that one time when I was engaged and was on birth control for the first and ONLY time in my life and went a little bananas on two people. But lets not go there... Sorry LuLu and Nathan for having to experience my one and only crazy nervous melt down.

4 comments:

LuLu said...

I think back on it now and think it's super funny, I think that's the only time i've EVER heard you yell. I seriously can't think of another time...I wish I could say that about myself.

Paula said...

Wow, you have so much going on :) I hope that you hear back soon on the apartments and that you guys get a new place that you love. Our lease is up in February and I'm already literally dreaming of a new home. Exciting and terrifying at the same time. :)

Brissy said...

HAHAHA! I remember those nasty flies!

Anonymous said...

UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT

Followers